SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
CALL TO ARTISTS
Sculpture Show & Sale
The first annual Sculpture Show & Sale of SculptureTucson.Org will take place at Brandi Fenton Memorial Park in Tucson, Arizona the weekend of April 6-8, 2018. This event offers sculptors an opportunity to showcase and sell their artwork to the public in one of Tucson’s beautiful outdoor Southern Arizona settings. Applications from sculptors to be included in the Sculpture Show & Sale will be accepted through October 20, 2017.
SCULPTURE TUCSON .ORG
SculptureTucson.Org is a non-profit that encourages the creation, placement, and promotion of sculpture in Tucson and Southern Arizona. Our goals include creating venues for sculptors to show and sell their works of art throughout Southern Arizona. We are pledged to cooperate with local communities, organizations and individuals to enhance our lives by promoting a connection with all types of three-dimensional art.
The goal of the first annual SculptureTucson.Org Sculpture Show & Sale is to generate an ongoing tradition of sculpture in Tucson by enhancing Southern Arizona’s cultural and artistic heritage, encouraging creative diversity, and engaging our local community through sculpture.
Tucson is no longer a quiet Sonoran town known just for its warm days and cool nights. With more than a million full-time residents, Tucson is a vibrant growing community built in large part on arts of every kind. Architecture, ainting, photography, dance, music, poetry and of course sculpture play a major role in the identity of this growing city.
With Mexico one hour to the south and Phoenix one hour to the north, Tucson stands uniquely with one foot in its rich southwest history and the other in the future of a contemporary urban center.
Whether your interest is museums (Tucson has several that are world-class), astronomy (Tucson is a center for astronomy research), bike riding (Tucson has over 100 miles of bike trails), dining (Tucson is UNESCO’s 2017 City of Gastronomy) hiking and sightseeing above and below ground, Tucson has something amazing for you to experience.
EVENT LOCATION: Brandi Fenton Memorial Park, 3482 E River Rd, Tucson, AZ 85718, USA (map)
REQUIREMENTS TO SUBMIT
· Sculpture Only – Sculpture, three-dimensional artwork deemed appropriate by SculptureTucson.Org, will be the only art form accepted for this show/sale.
· Up to 15 pieces of sculpture may be for sale per artist at any one time.
· Artists must submit their own work.
· Artists are required to be available for the duration of the Sculpture Show & Sale: April 6-8, 2018, Friday from 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Saturday from 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm.
· Artists are responsible for transport of all sculpture to the site. Special requirements by the artist may be discussed with SculptureTucson.Org. Special requirements should be indicated on the Application Form, Attachment A, included with your submission.
· Artists invited to participate agree to the use of their submitted images by SculptureTucson.Org for the promotion of the Sculpture Show & Sale online and in a printed brochure.
Applications are open internationally to all sculptors. Local and regional sculptors are particularly encouraged to apply. Travel, transportation, and accommodations are the responsibility of the artist.
Artists are required to submit their full application by email or postal service, no later than 11:59 PM PST October 20, 2017. Applications submitted by mail must be received by October 20, 2017 at the end of the day; post marks will not be accepted.
Artists must submit the following:
1. Application Form: Attachment A, included with this document and available here. Word or PDF
2. Artist Statement: Up to one page in length. Word or PDF
3. Images: Up to 15 images of sculpture for sale to be considered for inclusion in the show. Do not include more than 2 images per piece. JPEG or PDF images only. Image size must be no greater than 2000 pixels in any dimension, 300 DPI. Image numbers must coordinate with Image List. Label image files “LastnameFirstInitial_Image01” e.g. SmithK_01.jpg.
4. Image List: Image list numbered to coordinate with image files. Please include title, year, dimensions, materials, price and a brief description. Word or PDF
5. Resume: Artist resume or CV. Up to 2 pages. Word or PDF
To Submit by Email: Please email all completed submission materials to firstname.lastname@example.org as attachments. For submissions greater than 20MB, please email a link to download your items from a service of your choice (DropBox, Google Drive, etc.)
To Submit by Mail: Please mail all completed submission items on a CD or Jump Drive to…
PO Box 816
Tucson, AZ 85702
If you wish to have your submission materials returned by mail, you must include return postage. Submission materials without adequate return postage become the property of SculptureTucson.Org.
June 20, 2017......................................Call to Artists is Open
October 20, 2017 11:59 PM PST.........Application Deadline
UPDATED - December 1, 2017...........................Artists Notified of Results
April 6-8, 2018.....................................SculptureTucson.Org Sculpture Show & Sale
All applications will be reviewed by SculptureTucson.Org’s selection committee of five locally, regionally, and internationally recognized sculpture artists. Submitting artists will be notified by phone and/or email by SculptureTucson.Org of their acceptance during the week of November 6-10, 2017.
There is no fee to apply! Sculpture artists who are accepted by ScultureTucson.Org to participate in the Show/Sale will be charged a $50 acceptance fee to participate.
All sculpture sold at the show will be handled by SculptureTucson.Org. SculptureTucson.Org will retain 30% commission on all sales. The retained commission will be used to purchase public sculpture and promote sculpture in Tucson and Southern Arizona.
SculptureTucson.Org will produce promotional materials available to the community and online leading up to the show. A brochure including each accepted artist will be available at the Sculpture Show & Sale.
SculptureTucson.Org will provide each accepted artist with one 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent and up to 3 pedestals for presenting their work. Special requests or requirements should be indicated on the artist's Application Form, Attachment A of this document.
Sculpture placement assistance such as a forklift may be available on site. Include any special requirements you may have on your Application Form. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact SculptureTucson.Org. The deadline for questions related to application submissions is Thursday, October 29, 2017.
Phone: (520) 882-5572
PO Box 816
Tucson, AZ 85702
We thank all artists for their interest and submissions to this call. Only complete applications
and artists that meet preliminary criteria will be reviewed by SculptureTucson.Org.
Submission of an application to participate in the SculptureTucson.Org Sculpture Sale & Show does not guarantee acceptance to participate in the show. SculptureTucson.Org has the right to accept or reject any/all applicants.
SculptureTucson.Org does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.