Information for Participating Sculptors
1. Pay Your $50 Entry Fee
2. Artist Statement + Image for the Catalog
Statement: 3 Sentences
Image: JPG, minimum 2000 pixels on each side
As part of our Show & Sale, we will be printing a catalog listing all participating artists with an artist statement and a photo of one artwork included in the show.
We will be using your statement and the photo in the catalog as well as in promotional materials as applicable.
TENTS / BOOTHS
- We will provide each artist with a 10’ x 10’ tent or a 10’ x 10’ space under the barn roof.
- Tent clearance height is 8' at lowest point, 10' in center
- The clearance height under the barn roof is up to about 14 feet. If you feel you require extra height, let us know.
- We encourage you to exhibit larger works and we will have an area at the entrance to the show specifically designated to exhibit larger pieces. If you have concerns, email us or call 520-882-5572.
- We will provide lighting for the evening hours in your booth and elsewhere.
- Some booth locations will have power nearby, but we cannot guarantee any artist they will have access to power within their booth.
- Begins Thursday, April 5th at 1 PM.
- More details regarding setup will posted/emailed when available.
- Artists travelling from out of town are advised to plan to be in Tucson Thursday-Sunday.
All artists must be set up by Friday, April 6th at 4:30 PM to be ready and present for the Patron's Event.
We will have a forklift on site to assist with off-loading and placement
We will provide each artist with up to three pedestals. Please email us if you would like to use our pedestals by 1/31/2018. Designate which sizes you would like in your email.
- The available sizes are:
- 30”H x 24” x 24”
- 36”H x 32” x 32”
- 30”H x 18” x 18”
- SculptureTucson's pedestals are white only.
- Black Pedestals: You may bring your own all black pedestals to use. You may not use a mix of white and black pedestals in a single booth. If you use black, they must all be black. If you use white, they must all be white.
Hanging wire display walls will be provided for sculptors who require them.
- Walls are 8' x 8' and hang from the perimeter of the tent. They may support approximately 35 lbs.
It has been determined by SculptureTucson.Org that we will not allow tables. Pedestals only. Contact us if this is an issue.
We will provide all signage. Artists supplied banners/signs will not be permitted.
We will be providing 24 hour security for the duration of the show. This includes Thursday - Sunday.
- All sales will be through SculptureTucson.Org on site.
- We will be able to take credit cards, cash, and check.
- SculptureTucson.Org will retain 30% of all sales.
- We are arranging to have several artists conduct demonstrations.
- If you are interested in doing a demonstration during the show, please let us know before January 31, 2018 so that we can accommodate you with a space.
- You will be able to sell items made during the demonstration.
PATRON'S EVENT - APRIL 6, 2018
Friday evening, April 6th, we will have an opening reception event with complementary food, beer and wine.
Tucson Mayor Jonathan Rothschild and Terrol Dew Johnson, our invited artist and keynote speaker, will be speaking at the opening event. Attendance is included for all participating sculptors.
Have friends, family, or sculpture lovers who would be interested in attending?
This page will continue to be updated until the show with relevant information for participating sculptors, so check back often!
If you have any questions regarding the show please contact us.