CALL TO ARTISTS
SHOW & SALE
March 17, 18 and 19 2023
In 2018, Sculpture Tucson created the largest outdoor juried Sculpture Festival in Arizona—exhibiting the work of over 40 sculptors and attracting a diverse audience of more than 5,000 attendees over the course of the three-day festival. After a 2-year hiatus our 2022 Sculpture Festival Show and Sale was an outstanding success with 60 artists represented with nearly all sculptors selling art. Post Festival communication ranked the quality of the show and sale with the highest marks and the collaborative culture and support of the artist with Sculpture Tucson Staff and Board right up at the top. Hosted at the Brandi Fenton Memorial Park in Tucson, Arizona, (map)- the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale will include over 50 sculptors from across the Southwest, a private opening reception for patrons, music, food trucks and more. Approximately 60 booths offer participating artists and galleries an opportunity to showcase and sell their work.
All 3-dimensional works of art submitted by an artist or authorized gallery must be original and will be made by an independent art curator. Painting, photography, prints or any 2- dimensional work will NOT be accepted.
REQUIREMENTS TO SUBMIT
• Sculpture Only – the only art form accepted for the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale is sculpture (three-dimensional artwork) deemed appropriate by Sculpture Tucson.
• Up to 15 pieces of sculpture may be for sale per artist at any one time.
• Artists must submit their own work.
• The Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale on March 17-19, 2023 as follows: Friday, March 17 from 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday, March 18 and 19 from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm.
• There is no fee to apply.
• Individual Sculptors who are available to attend the duration of the show and are juried and accepted to participate will be charged a $125 booth fee. Additional pedestals may be rented from Sculpture Tucson for $20/pedestal IF available. Lighting will be provided at all booths for the Friday night reception and may be purchased for sculpture needing electricity for $25/booth. Grid walls (7’x8’) may be rented from /Sculpture Tucson for $10/grid (maximum of 2 are available in 6 spaces only)
• Individual Sculptors who are not available to attend the duration of the show and are juried and accepted to participate will be charged a $150 booth fee. You will still be responsible for manning your space for the duration of the show.
• Galleries who would like to exhibit and who are juried and accepted to participate will be charged a $250 booth fee and will be placed in a 10’x20’ booth. You will be responsible for manning your space for the duration of the show.
• Artists are responsible for transport of all sculpture to the site. Special requirements by the artist may be discussed with Sculpture Tucson. Special requirements should be indicated on the Application Form as specified.
• Artists who are selected to participate will agree to the use of their submitted images by Sculpture Tucson for the promotion of the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale in digital as well as printed materials.
Applications are open internationally to all sculptors. Local and regional sculptors are particularly encouraged to apply. Travel, transportation, and accommodations are the responsibility of the artist.
• October 3, 2022
Call to Artists is Open
• November 20, 2022, 11:59 PM PST
• December 27- 30, 2022
Artists Notified of Selection
• Festival Show and Sale
March 17-19, 2023
Artists are required to submit a completed application online no later than 11:59 PM PST, November 20, 2022.
To apply you must include the following:
1. Completed Online Application Form
2. Up to 9 Images
3. Image List including dimensions, materials used, and any special requirements.
4. Artist Statement: No more than 3 sentences
5. Artist Resume
All applications will be reviewed by Sculpture Tucson’s selection committee which includes recognized sculptors and juror. Submitting artists will be notified by phone and/or email by Sculpture Tucson of their acceptance during the week of December 27-30, 2022.
All sales transactions at the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale will be processed by Sculpture Tucson. Sculpture Tucson will retain 30% commission on all sales made during the festival. Sculpture Tucson will retain 15% commission on all sales made within 90 days after the festival to patrons of the festival. The retained commissions will be used to cover overhead costs and further the mission, vision and goals of Sculpture Tucson.
Sculpture Tucson will produce all digital and print marketing materials for distribution to regional and national mass media and community outlets. A brochure of participating artists will be available at the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale.
Sculpture Tucson will provide each participating artist with one 10 ft. x 10 ft. space under a communal tent. A maximum of 65 large sculptures will be selected to show in a common area outside of designated 10’x10’ tent spaces. Sculpture Tucson will also provide each participating artist with up to 3 pedestals for presenting their work.
Sculpture Tucson encourages participants to exhibit large sculpture. If you intend to exhibit large sculpture that requires special assistance to place, please indicate that on the artist’s Application Form, so that we can arrange for crane or forklift assistance.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact Sculpture Tucson.
We thank you for your interest and response to this call. Only complete applications that meet preliminary criteria will be reviewed by Sculpture Tucson. Incomplete or partial applications will not be considered.
SculptureTucson has the right to accept or reject any/all applicants.
Submission of an application does NOT guarantee or constitute acceptance to participate in the Annual SculptureTucson Festival Show & Sale.
SculptureTucson does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry),