CALL TO ARTISTS
SHOW & SALE
March 15, 16 and 17, 2024
The 2024 Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale is a prestigious showcase of sculptural artistry. This annual event gathers artists from around the country to display and sell their work in a captivating setting. Join us for an extraordinary celebration of creativity, innovation, and the power of three-dimensional art. Whether you work with stone, metal, wood, glass, or any other medium, we welcome your unique vision and craftsmanship.
Benefits for Selected Artists:
Showcase your work to a diverse and art-loving audience.
Have the opportunity to sell your sculptures during the event.
Network with fellow artists, collectors, and art enthusiasts.
Receive promotional support through our event marketing channels.
All 3-dimensional works of art submitted by an artist or authorized gallery must be original and will be made by an independent art curator. Painting, photography, prints or any 2- dimensional work will NOT be accepted.
REQUIREMENTS TO SUBMIT
• Sculpture Only – the only art form accepted for the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale is sculpture (three-dimensional artwork) deemed appropriate by Sculpture Tucson.
• Up to 15 pieces of sculpture may be for sale per artist at any one time.
• Artists must submit their own work.
• The Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale on March 15-17, 2024 as follows: Friday, March 15 from 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday, March 16 and 17 from 9:30 am – 4:00 pm.
• There is no fee to apply.
• Individual Sculptors who are available to attend the duration of the show and are juried and accepted to participate will be charged a $150 booth fee.
• Up to three pedestals will be provided to participating artists subject to availability.
• Additional pedestals may be rented from Sculpture Tucson for $20/pedestal IF available.
• Artists are encouraged to provide their own WHITE ONLY pedestals.
• All tents will be lit for the Friday night reception.
• Electricity will be available for a limited number of individual booths at a cost of $25.
• Grid walls (7’x8’) may be rented from Sculpture Tucson for $10/grid. A maximum of 2 are available in 6 spaces only, so first come, first served for corner booths. All other booths will accomodate 1 grid.
• Individual Sculptors who are not available to attend the duration of the show and are juried and accepted to participate will be charged a $200 booth fee. You will still be responsible for having your space attended to for the duration of the show.
• Galleries who would like to exhibit and who are juried and accepted to participate will be charged a $250 booth fee and will be placed in a 10’x20’ booth. You will be responsible for manning your space for the duration of the show.
• Artists are responsible for transport of all sculpture to the site. Special requirements by the artist may be discussed with Sculpture Tucson. Special requirements should be indicated on the Application Form as specified.
• Artists who are selected to participate will agree to the use of their submitted images by Sculpture Tucson for the promotion of the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale in digital as well as printed materials.
Applications are open internationally to all sculptors. Local and regional sculptors are particularly encouraged to apply. Travel, transportation, and accommodations are the responsibility of the artist.
• Call to Artists Opens
October 5, 2023
• Application Deadline EXTENDED
December 1, 2023, 11:59 PM PST
• Artists Notified of Selection
December 18- 22, 2023
• Festival Show and Sale
March 15-17, 2024
Artists are required to submit a completed application online no later than 11:59 PM PST, November 10, 2023.
To apply you must include the following:
1. Completed Online Application Form
2. Up to 5 Images
3. Image List including dimensions, materials used, and any special requirements.
4. Artist Statement: No more than 3 sentences (250 words or less).
5. Artist Resume/CV
All applications will be reviewed by Sculpture Tucson’s selection committee which includes recognized sculptors and juror. Submitting artists will be notified by phone and/or email by Sculpture Tucson of their acceptance December 18-22, 2023.
All sales transactions at the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale will be processed by Sculpture Tucson. Sculpture Tucson will retain 30% commission on all sales made during the festival. Sculpture Tucson will retain 15% commission on all sales made within 90 days after the festival to patrons of the festival. The retained commissions will be used to cover overhead costs and further the mission, vision and goals of Sculpture Tucson.
• Sculpture Tucson will produce all digital and print marketing materials for distribution to regional and national mass media and community outlets. A brochure of participating artists will be available at the Annual Sculpture Tucson Festival Show & Sale.
• Sculpture Tucson will provide each participating artist with one 10 ft. x 15 ft. space under a communal tent. A maximum of 65 large sculptures will be selected to show in a common area outside of designated 10’ x 15’ tent spaces.
• Based on availability Sculpture Tucson will provide each participating artist with up to 3 pedestals for presenting their work. Artists are encouraged to provide their own WHITE ONLY pedestals.
Sculpture Tucson encourages participants to exhibit large sculpture. If you intend to exhibit large sculpture that requires special assistance to place, please indicate that on the artist’s Application Form, so that we can arrange for crane or forklift assistance.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact Sculpture Tucson.
We thank you for your interest and response to this call. Only complete applications that meet preliminary criteria will be reviewed by Sculpture Tucson. Incomplete or partial applications will not be considered.
SculptureTucson has the right to accept or reject any/all applicants.
Submission of an application does NOT guarantee or constitute acceptance to participate in the Annual SculptureTucson Festival Show & Sale.
SculptureTucson does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry),